Sunday, October 09, 2005

He posts again!

I don’t believe it. Welcome back, #1 reader!!

While I’m not terribly interested in doing actual cooking I do like watching cooking shows on the Food Network. I always learn something and sometimes I am inspired to make something. Over the last couple months I’ve gone to the Macy’s School of Cooking kitchen (San Diego Macy’s Home store next to Target in Mission Valley) several times to watch chef demonstrations with tasting samples which is a nice upgrade to TV food watching.

The first one I went to was Zov from Zov’s Bistro in Orange County. Delicious! Along the way I’ve tasted food from a pastry chef and another time from Chef Tony DiSalvo from the seemingly much awaited Jack’s in La Jolla.

The other week was the chef and owner of 150 Grand in Escondido. Demonstrated recipes were a chilled apple and fennel soup that was tasty and had very little in common with applesauce (which I was the taste one might expect…) along with a carnitas plate.


Also I managed to grab a photograph of a tasty heirloom tomato tart.

It was excellent!



Sort of a distance cousin to pizza.

1 Comments:

Blogger FireFlyFiftyFive said...

Hi Lisa,

Welcome! Firefly is a relatively new online alias for me. I had read on Chowhound about a Bay Area restaurant by that name, thought it was interesting and worked well with "55" which I have used in a previous online name. Thus, FireFlyFiftyFive was born!

October 19, 2005 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home