Saturday, September 23, 2006

Has it been a year already?

Spotlight!

Cue the music!

Yep, it’s the obligatory 1 year celebration post. And it’s my 75th post! Wow.

Daaaa daa taaa da! My Very Own Blog celebrates one year. Yep, all run by some dude with an alias of FireFlyFiftyFive. I would have never thought I would have a web based log but here I am. And it’s about food. It seems like the first blogs out there were political ramblings and then maybe branched out from there. Eventually I saw some foodie blogs – some right here in our very own San Diego. So, I decided I am important too. (Not really.) I have something to say! (Um, okay.) Yea, there have been a lot of worthless posts – but that is the fun of it sometimes. My favorite was the great TGIFridays April Fools Day post.

But it all started out with the 2005 Taste of Downtown restaurant tour. I figured I’d be able to come up with a few more – and then once the January restaurant week came around that would give me a few more things to write about. Oh, some weeks I’ve had to rely on cute puppy pictures – other weeks on pure arbitrary wasteful posts.

This blog has never much been about home cooking or recipe exchange – instead I’d rather focus on restaurants. I definitely need to get out more. Yet, I’m a cheap bustard. And after a brief hiatus (this is my 3rd post for the week!) I’ll be back with an all new season of My Very Own Blog.

Restaurant Week
It’s coming up (well, a few months away – in the second week of January) and I’ve got me eye on Oceanaire I’d think and maybe El Bizcocho. But what the hey? The website reports: “This year, diners will enjoy six days of…fixed-price, three course dinner menus for just $30 or $40 (varies by restaurant) per person.” Ouch – I imagine some of the better restaurants will be $40 per person. It’s a less of a great deal at the price – but certainly understandable.

San Diego Bay Wine and Food Festival
It’s a ways away, but I did notice that tickets for the Grand Event go up slightly after Oct. 1st. This is the fest in November – I went last year and it is quite a time. I see they have a designated driver discount, which is nice since there are a whole bunch of wineries represented. I’ll have more when the event is closer as there is a lot more than just the Grand Event tasting so read more at the website.

Taste of...
I see a Taste of Del Mar and a Taste of La Jolla are coming up in mid-Oct. I'll be sure to mention again before the dates.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mucho congrats! Having the fortitude to make this milestone shouldn't be underestimated.

September 23, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger FireFlyFiftyFive said...

Thanks Kirk!

October 01, 2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Gourmetish said...

Congratulations! I look forward to reading your next year or posts...

October 03, 2006 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home