Sunday, November 26, 2006

Buca di Beppo!

Curbside! To Go! Ah, the ultimate for the lazy man! I tried this last week! They took everything great about fast food drive-thru and transferred into curbside to go service. No need to lift your butt out of your car! All the best restaurants like Outback, TGIFridays, Chili’s, Applebee’s and now Buca di Beppo are doing it. Maybe even Claim Jumpers! Just call in your order on your way home from work and stop in and pick up your food.

But Buca di Beppo, you say? Yes! But wait, before you revoke my membership in the Foodie Incorporated Club, please listen to my reasoning: I needed to expand my stomach for a long weekend of Thanksgiving eating. So, what better way?

Here’s what we had: Chopped Antipasto Salad. A salad of iceberg lettuce with chopped pepperoni, mortadella, prosciutto, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, feta, provolone and gorgonzola! Yum! ($9.95 for a small.)

Spicy Arrabbiata Pizza Spicy sausage, pepperoni, onions! Greasy! It's a thin crust. The onions are caramelized and I’ve read they use up to four cheeses on this pizza. You can't go wrong with four cheeses! There is the distinct taste of bleu cheese. I really liked the pizza. I'd imagine it would be a little crisper if you got it at the restaurant. I've rarely heard anyone complain about pizza and the Buca. ($13.45 for a small.)

Chicken Cannelloni Stuffed with chicken sausage, provolone, ricotta, and fresh sage, smothered with romano and marinara, and baked to perfection! 6,000 calories! It was either between this or the lasagna. I thought it was tasty. ($14.95 for a small (again!))

I thought it was all pretty good but my wife thought it was all pretty crappy. Go figure! Still, it saved a night of kitchen work. And even though I seem to be making fun of it, that curbside service worked out really well. I could sit in my car and not miss a second of The Tom Leykis Show! They included a hunk of bread (so-so) and all kinds of little containers for topping stuff or dipping: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pizza oil, etc.

Okay, Buca, I’ve said it. Now send me my gift card.



Blogger note
I see the font size on my last post didn't show up correctly for users of FireFox. Sorry about that. Blame Google! But on a happy note it showed up fine for Internet Exploder users.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,

Just cuz Buco aint fine dining, does not mean it does not serve a purpose. Don't worry about your foodie status, we all have our foibles. (Don't tell, but I dig the food at P.F. Chang's, especially, the Malaysian Chicken and Dan Dan noodles). Heh Heh, oh well.

Cheers

November 29, 2006 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home