Thursday, January 04, 2007

Knockout Pizza

After extended weeks of holiday snacking, candy and general overindulgence we needed something to settle our stomachs. Pizza? Sure, why not. Some might try Tums or Maalox Plus – nope, not here. Pizza is the sure cure. For awhile it was no-no food in our healthy house but no more! Enter, maybe?, Knockout Pizza? This location is in a Mira Mesa mall – yep, next to the Food Court, under the stairs. Pretty much all they sell is 18 inch pies. Unlimited toppings for 16 bucks. By the slice is also available.



Pictured here is the “Hells Kitchen” a supreme type pizza. How was it? Pretty good. Still, I wouldn’t mind a little more of each of the toppings, especially the meat. They are said to be one of the best NY style pizza in San Diego. Sure, that is on their menu and website. But I think there are a couple of other Knockout Pizzeria locations in the northern coastal area and I think they were started by someone that worked at Bronx Pizza or ate there once so it’s probably a reputation that is earned by now.

So, thumbs up to Knockout. It had a zesty sauce and you could fold it up and gobble it down. Plus I drive by there every day so it could be a semi-regular stop.



But what about the other pizzas I blogged about? Well, looking from top left with chain pizzeria Domino’s and their cracker thin to (moving clockwise) that Buca di Beppo to the deluxe Coney Island Pizza in the lower right corner and finally over to the Z-Pizza Mexican – hell I thought these were all really good. That Domino’s is sort of our guilty pleasure standby. I wouldn’t mind finding other cracker thin crusted pizzas out there – but I’d also go for some Chicago deep dish. (And you KNOW I think that Beppo does an awesome pants poopage inducing pizza – it was a greasy pie, friends!) And of course, Z-Pizza gets a call from us every once in awhile. They have some great non-traditional type pizzas.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
With all the arguing that goes on about who has the best pizza, I think people forget that even an average pie is pretty damn good eats. Nice post.
Cheers

January 06, 2007 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been to Lefty's Chicago Pizzeria yet? It's in North Park - 30th Street north of Upas - it's the real deal. Bronx is still my fave for NY pizza - fave for San Diego pizza - and I've had plenty of NYC and SD pizza.

January 20, 2007 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that I love this article. thanks for this informational blog click here for detail of pizza products and pizza coupon

April 01, 2008 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home