Sunday, February 11, 2007

Other blogs...

I don't have anything new in the works. You never know - there could be a flurry of posts coming your way soon. But probably not.

I see some newish San Diego foodie blogs have popped up recently. If you've been paying attention to the links the other bloggers have you probably know about them already. In no order except the order I am putting them in:

The I Love Food Guy. Food food food! Don't we all. Plenty of pictures of his eating adventures!

The Papaya Lady, Maia, at her very own maiapapaya blog! Mostly home cooked meals - but she flew (and, boy, are her arms tired!) to San Francisco just for a day of foodie stuffs - beautiful photography, Maia!

The San Diego Food Blog Guy. Not quite arranged as a blog with "diary-type" entries but more of a review website. Click on the list of all restaurants for easy access to his reviews. He writes that his blog "...began as a response to other ... blogs on the Internet that .... consist of bad writing and overused cliches...". I think he may be looking at me.

The Food Geek Couple. Again, home cooking. They write that they have a dog - we need doggie pictures!

The What We Dig Couple. Can you dig it, man? Lots of San Diego dining out. Like me, they usually seem to forget their camera.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gil said...

Thanks so much for linking to us. We appreciate it!

On the camera front, we have been going back and forth on whether to bring a camera along. For now, we have decided against it. And besides, the other excellent food bloggers in town do a great job with pics. :-)

Loved your post on Downtown eating by the way. We heard Cafe Cerise closed though... As you somewhat predicted.

Krista & Gil

February 11, 2007 2:24 PM  
Blogger Charlie Fu said...

nice! i got linked! w00t.

thanks for the link =) my gf actually saw this and had to tell me in excitement =)

February 12, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger FireFlyFiftyFive said...

Hi Gil and Krista too! Too bad about Cerise. The word was that it would be closing so even the day I went I wouldn't had been surprised if the door was locked.

The picture taking thing in restaurants takes a little skill - I really should do it more. You know they say a picture is worthy of a 1000 times as many words or something like that! :)

Hi Clayfu! In exchange I want a link on YOUR site in a 72 point font in flashing red directing all to my very own site!

...uh...please know I am kidding!

February 12, 2007 10:48 PM  
Blogger jef said...

Thanks again for the shout-out!

We'll try and get some pics of the dog up one of these days. I was meaning to make him some doggie treats, maybe that'll make it to the site...

thefoodgeek guy

February 13, 2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Charlie Fu said...

one day i'll learn how to link other people's blogs and i'll put yours in normal font =P

February 20, 2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger Gourmetish said...

Wow..it's been too long since I've been blogging. It's great to see all these news blogs popping up in SD. Thanks for sharing!

March 07, 2007 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home