Sunday, April 15, 2007

Random Junk

I haven’t been inclined to post much – but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been eating lots. Oh, I’m been eating so much. Sorry if you have been checking in every week only to see nothing new.

And I missed doing an April Fool’s Day post…
…did any San Diego food bloggers do one? I just didn’t get around to it. I think it would have been something about the superb quality of hot dogs and just would have blathered on and on about how good hot dogs are. (They really are.) Or maybe a lengthy post deconstructing the $1.29 McFish Fishy Samich. It’s a Good Friday tradition. Tiny but still probably 350 calories. Really soft bun. Weren’t these bigger years ago. Anyhow, that is a rare fast food for me. It's some kind of appealing, isn't it?




Thanks to the Chowhound…
…which anyone can find on the Internets I’ve recently checked out the famed Super Cocina on University – yum! The samples! I will be back soon! There is a little place on Miramar a couple of doors down from the BBQ place that does sort of the same thing in a smaller way. (Carnitas, Chicken Mole, more!) Speaking of BBQ, I recently checked out San Diego’s very own Phil’s BBQ for the very first time at their new location. Pretty good stuff – it smells great outside the place.

Poway Restaurant Reviewer
Poway’s very own city councilman, Bob Emery, reviews local restaurants as noted in a recent article. Cool! I checked the meeting minutes and the reviews are brief but glowing.

I’ve got more stuff on the way…I have no less than 3 posts. Unfortunately they are only in my mind and have not been written yet. So more could be on the way. Even this week.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott- You been *really* busy too? I'm looking forward to your posts.

April 15, 2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger KirkK said...

Hey Scott - Nice to hve new post! I hope all is well.

April 15, 2007 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,
Here is an embarrassing confession.
I actually really like McDonald's Filet-O-Fish sandwiches. The McDonald's on Garnet Ave. sells them for $1.29 on Fridays. For ten bucks it is quite the feast.

April 17, 2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger FireFlyFiftyFive said...

Thanks Cathy and Kirk!

Captain Jack, you probably weren't joking so I won't say thanks for a good laugh. Seriously, you'd down 8 of these? You are my hero!

April 17, 2007 11:30 PM  
Blogger KirkK said...

Hey Scott - CJ never kids about those things...take it from me, I know!

April 18, 2007 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home