Monday, July 07, 2008

Taos! New Mexico!

You might find yourself in Taos sometime, you know, just traveling across the country – this time well north of I-40 – yep, the journey into the great southwest continues! Here we were able to leave the vast Interstate for awhile to explore northern New Mexico.

Let me guess, another La Quinta and a brewpub?
No no no! Here we had the best lodging of the trip – a great dog-friendly B&B. We'd highly recommend a stay here should you find yourself in the area for a few days.

But then you blew your budget on your room and went to McDonald’s right?
Oh my Lord, no, here we had our push into Taos finer dinin’ at Lambert's.  All out with a shared heirloom tomato salad, mains of roast duck (for her) and elk for me, drinks (a couple) and a good chocolate mousse dessert.  There is other good eatin' in Taos but this was a very good choice.

Boring. What about that Crapper Barrel?
What?

Oh, did I misspell Cracker Barrel? Oops.
Oh, yea, we went to a Cracker Barrel once in Colorado Springs after a tiring (and surprisingly cold day in June). Normally you go here and expect this great pants splitting amount of food.

Did you say pants splitting or pants shitting?
Oh my God, you have to stop this. I think this screwy Q&A format exists just to give me – I mean you – the opportunity to say inane things.

*Crickets chirp* ... Back with more soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said...

Wow dude, you are on a roll! I think this is more posts in the last week than you've done in the past year. Easy there on the Cracker Barrel though - they make some damn good biscuits! (At least they did the last time I ate in one about 15 years ago!)

July 20, 2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger CAB said...

lol! I actually snorted while reading the post! Thanks for the laugh.

August 18, 2008 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home