Thursday, March 20, 2008

McFish McYum?

I’m lazy about this bloggin’ stuff. I’m not even eating all that good. Last week on Friday knowing that the McFishy Sammich was just $1.29 I thought I would swing thru the drive-thru and get one to bring home for a snacker mcsnack.


Yum? Does it look any better than the one last year? Anyhow it kicked off a short discussion with my wife:

“Oh, no, are you going to eat that?”

“Sure!”

“Why? It doesn’t look like anything.”

“It was just $1.29!”

“That still sounds like a rip-off”

And so it goes. Maybe she remembers Hardee’s doing them better back in the day. Hopefully everyone is eating good out there. And I'd think with the end of Lent that fish sandwhich will be back to normal price. And what does Jack in the Box do?

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Hey,
I love your blog! I wish I had the time (or the money, for that matter) to eat out as often as I would like.

I like to think of myself as a connoisseur ...

Anyway, I (and a few others) are developing a site for local San Diego business, and there's a forum devoted to restaurants, shopping, etc. We would love to have you as a contributor.

here's the url: http://www.locobuyer.com

go to forum.

Thanks!

March 21, 2008 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy's has a decent fish sandwich, but you have to remember to ask them to add cheese and hold the lettuce if you want it to be more like a McFishwich.

April 14, 2008 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! "That's a ripoff." Priceless.

Friendly's (a restaurant in New England) used to have fish sandwich called "The Fishamajig." It was also used an insult.

June 09, 2008 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home