Thursday, August 24, 2006

Carlsbad Dog Pond

Yep, another doggie post so skip to the end if you are looking for food junk. This time it’s all about the little known Carlsbad dog pond. I doubt many dog owners know about this place. I guess the original owner of the property built this park for his employees to have an area to bring their dogs. Pretty amazing. When the property was sold, the city of Carlsbad took over the "pond" and left it as a dog recreation area.


Mortons $99 meal deal
Once in awhile I’ll share food deals I run across – this one seems pretty good. Any thoughts one way or another?

USA Dine Out – San Diego
Some sort of premium bottled water is spewing out a two week USA Dine Out in several cities. Around 20 or so restaurants (so far) will be participating here. $35 will get you a so-called “special three-course prix fixe gourmet menu”, it’s just $20 at lunch. 3rd and 4th week of September. No weekends.

Poway BBQ
A reader named Leanne left a comment (that’s pretty rare itself) but also left a recommendation (now THAT is really rare!) of a newer BBQ joint in Poway near the Del Taco. I drove by one day and didn’t see it – I’ll have to look again some day. She left a slight impression that it wasn’t all that anyhow. But still…

*** Update! Google is my friend! I ran across this blurb about the new Poway BBQ restaurant called, what else, Poway BBQ.

4 Comments:

Blogger FireFlyFiftyFive said...

Damn, the set of 3 dog leaping pictures don't quite lay out like I would like. It's close in Internet Exploder but messed in Firefox. Oh well.

August 25, 2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger Kara DeFrias said...

Where in Carlsbad is this located? I can't find it on Google....Thanks!

May 25, 2008 4:12 PM  
Blogger Happyman1023 said...

Hi - I've found the pond, but the city does not appear to own it any longer. Does anyone know what the regs are?
Thanks,
Matt

July 16, 2008 9:38 PM  
Blogger Happyman1023 said...

Hi - I've found the pond, but the city does not appear to own it any more. Does anyone know what the regs are?
Thanks,
Matt

July 16, 2008 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home