Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pumpkin Report 2006

Wee! I have the absolute first August 2006 San Diego Food blogger post.

I rock!

So, anyhow, how are those pumpkins growing?


Pretty darn good, I'll say. This one will be plump and orange soon.

Don't go nuts - this isn't quite pumpkins as far as the eye can see - it's soybeans further away from the camera.


And this is what the field looked like just a short month ago. These pictures come from my Dad back in the great midwest. One should set up a time lapse system to provide photographic history of the growth. Or just take a picture at noon each day.

Of course, these pumpkins are grown (in my mind anyhow) to be carved up - not eaten.

August food fun.
There is the
Taste of Encinitas on Aug. 17th. I think I’m going to this one.

And then the same exact night a food and wine event and the Bernardo Winery. Hmm.

And then the San Diego Taste of the Nation event on Aug. 23rd might interest someone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gourmetish said...

Wow. I can't believe we're getting closer to fall and Halloween/Thanksgiving!

August 03, 2006 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home