Sunday, June 18, 2006

Swishkaaaabobs!

I usually don’t talk home cookin’ (there have been a few times) but this recent grilling turned out pretty well. Bought some beef (we rarely eat red meat anymore) and decided to make kabobs, yes shish kabobs! Marinated the meat in a mix of soy sauce, water, olive oil and a spoonful of horseradish for fun. A couple hours later I shoved the meat on skewers with onions and on the grill. I had some asparagus in the fridge so I drizzled some olive oil on them and threw them on the grill for a couple of minutes too.

The result:

Yum. The hotness of the horseradish didn’t really come thru, but the meat was delicious and tender anyhow.

We also got some cherries from the Scripps Ranch farmers market (on Scripps Poway Parkway, not far from the 15 if you are heading out to Vegas on a Saturday morning between 9 am and 1 pm be sure to stop in). They have a lot of people selling their whatevers, but there is some fresh produce and 5 to 8 food stands to buy lunch at. Sign said $5 a pound but they charged $4. Really good cherries – didn’t ask where they come from.

OB Fest
It’s here next Saturday. Features a chili cook off – I think there is a time for public tasting of the cook off for a Peoples Choice Award. Ocean Beach Street Fair.

A few links…
…to other blog postings that I liked. First, the
real life Taco Town taco. It’s huge. And then a little person post and finally a joke foodie post that happened to someone when his blog password was borrowed.

Coming up...
I’m prepping a couple of other posts for My Very Own Blog - but blogger is being a brat with photo uploads - should be a bit more active around here than it has been. Plus I'm really going to lay off the cheap and coupon shit - I'm NOT an old codger sitting around writing complaint letters all day. Really I'm not! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

August 17, 2006 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home