Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New Blogger in Town

Yep, there is a new blogger in town. Alice Q. Foodie. Looks to be a great one – she’s had several insightful posts so far and seems well versed in San Diego food stuffs. Angie, I’m going to work on that list of 30 Some Favorite San Diego Food Experiences.

Zoo News
If you have a zoo membership, you get free food at Chipotle on Saturday June 3rd. All Day. Morning, noon and night if you want. Sweet. They aren’t the greatest thing since sliced bread (they have a certain taste that you instantly associate with Chipotle brand burritos) but for free it can be worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said...

Why thank you Scott! I am both flattered and pleased by your positive comments. I am really having a lot of fun with this. I went to Vagabond last night and can't decide whether to post about it yet or not - should I play legitimate food critic and go at least twice before I blast them? >:-) I am always so hopeful when I try a new restaurant, and so frequently disappointed. Why is that? I am also struggling with the question of whether to take pictures in restaurants - I mean what kind of dork takes a picture of everything they eat when it hits the table? Then again, I love Chez Pim's pictures from her trip to Europe - those photos from El Bulli are spectacular. I guess when the food is a work of art, it's ok. Anyway, I have enjoyed reading your blog, and Jay's, (props to the Linkery!) and look forward to writing many more thoughtful posts in the future. Feel free to email me through the link on my site if you want to get in touch. I looked for a link on yours but didn't see one. Cheers!

June 01, 2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger FireFlyFiftyFive said...

Alice - The one and only time I took photographs in a restaurant I got "caught" by the manager (see Island Prime post from January). It's something that isn't all that easy to pull off without feeling odd.

(I have an email link on my profile page.)

June 03, 2006 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this kind of dork is the type that tkaes photos in restaurants..... hehehe!

June 04, 2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Gourmetish said...

Free food is always nice!

June 07, 2006 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home