Thursday, November 03, 2005

Extraordinary and extra

Short entry.

Not much to write about this week. Typically our nightly meals at home are nothing worthy of blogging about. We did have a delicious afternoon lunch at Extraordinary Desserts in San Diego (Union Street location) with my in-laws. All of us have a love of chocolate and sweetness so it was a perfect place to visit.

I had my camera with me but I forgot to use it. But we each had a scrumptious piece of cake. And now we are fat.

Is anyone going to any of the events surrounding the San Diego Bay Wine and Food Festival (I’ve heard it’s a festivas for the rest of us, but I’ll have to get back to you on that). I have a single ticket to the “Grand Event” on Saturday that I was lucky enough to land from one of the sponsors as a promo. It’s a slightly staggering $85 otherwise a person. So far my wife isn’t interested enough for that (although any of us would easily spend that on a dinner out) so it looks like I’ll be going solo. If no other area bloggers are going I’ll be sure to come back with a full report.

Overall, it seems that the emphasis is more on wine than food - taste wine from over 100 wineries! Mouth watering cuisine from San Diego's finest restaurants! Gourmet food companies and culinary exhibits! They do list restaurants like Region and Cafe Cerise, El Bizcocho, Roppongi, Soleil @ K and over 30 others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home