Thursday, December 08, 2005

Random food scraps

Not much going on in my food world in the last week or two so I'll just toss out some random thoughts this week.

If you are reading this you are probably also a regular reader of Chowhound. Don't forget to post your top 5 restaurants in the "San Diego Ultimate Poll" posted by someone also named Scott (okay, it was me). San Diego foodie talk seems to be at an all time low over there.

Sometimes I like to try a new cheese - I bought a saint nectaire cheese at Trader Joe's, but found it disgustingly smelly and gross. I've read it can be mild with a nutty, even woody, flavor. Well, it tasted like a cow chewed it up and crapped it out. Even though they would refund the few bucks, I tossed it out.

Rorie, I ate at La Bastide Bistro in Scripps Ranch last weekend. I had the Sea Bass with red peppers and sausage and an Italian parsley sauce. Very Good. My wife got a shrimp and smoked salmon pasta, with dill cream sauce. Desserts were the chocolate mousse and a plate of several cream puffs filled with ice cream. My wife declared the mousse to be fabulous. They were both good, I preferred the dessert at Just Fabulous the week before. Now, I'm quite inexperienced with French food (and many types of food) but I love trying to things and would definitely return.

Anyone making reservations for Restaurant Week? We have two lined up so far. I'll report on them after we go. Any menu wows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home